Did you know that one of the most popular times for a proposal and an engagement to be announced is between Christmas and New Year? The twinkling lights, cosy nights-in keeping each other warm, dressing up, enjoying Parties and just having the time and space to be together are the perfect recipe for overwhelming feelings of love and grand gestures. So before you know it, you’ve decided to be together forever. Oh and also, a diamond ring makes the best Christmas Present ever!
So, what are the Kate Park Events team’s top tips to ensure the magic continues throughout the engagement and doesn’t vanish quicker than all the After Eights?
1. What else?
· Select your Wedding Planner – we recommend Kate Park Events 🙂 for a wedding that is organised around you, for you.
· Always remember this time is to be enjoyed, not endured – let us take the stress away and present you with only the most exceptional options to choose from. We know all the best venues, entertainment, florists & photographers.
· Make them once – avoid, if you can, having a long engagement, life is short and long engagements only lead to decisions being questioned in time and having to be remade.
4. Do all the best bits.
· Finding the perfect Dress, picking the flowers and candles, sampling food for your Wedding Breakfast, Cake Tasting, listening to musicians…You do all the best bits and Kate Park Events will take on the Suppliers, the contracts, the travel arrangements, the logistics.
· In 25 years time, what do you want to remember about your Wedding Day? The feeling of Joy and Celebration or the worry and stress of something going wrong? Let Kate Park Events take the latter away; we always have a Plan A and a Plan B and sometimes even a Plan C. We think on our feet to react to surprises along the way. Let us protect your memories and be with you every step of the way, we can be there until the last dance and the last goodbye.
· …Feel like you can’t say what you really want – your Wedding can be as individual as you are. The options are endless and if you’ve dreamt it, let us in and we promise we’ll do our best to turn it into reality.
· From the glow of the candles to a light show to rival The Northern Lights – never underestimate the difference beautiful lighting can make.
And so, I leave you for now with this final thought on love, wedding celebrations and marriage, in the words of Leo Tolstoy, “Just as one candle lights another and can light thousands of other candles, so one heart illuminates another heart and can illuminate thousands of other hearts”.
Let’s celebrate and spread some love.